Things to know about rudraksha - Scientific name of rudraksha is 'elaeocarpus ganitrus'
Rudraksha,a very important and mystical bead of Hindu mythology and medication,is a kind of natural fruit which grows in eastern hilly areas of Nepal.
It has a very high profile in Tantrism and Spiritualism. It is very widely used and worshipped as a source of good-luck,good health,prosperity,medicinal values,sucess,gains and most importantly eradication of evil and immortal forces.
It is mostly used as a garland or bangle. Devotees around Pashupati are seen wearing these mystical Rudrakshas. These belief are very deep rooted in Hinduism.
Rudraksha is a sacred and powerful beads which grow in rudraksha trees. The two uses of rudraksha seed is wearing it regularly and used as prayer bead. Rudraksha is a symbol of hindu god “shiva”. In hinduism Sanskrit language,Rudraksha comes from two words they are ‘RUDRA’ and ‘AKSHA’. Meaning the, rudra is name of shiva and aksha means immortal water drops or tears.
Once,Lord Shiva did meditation for longime closing his eyes. His mind was suddenly disturb for the welfare of human beings. When he open his both eyes after long meditation some water drops or tears from eyes fall down in earth. From this drops it grew a tree called rudraksh. The beads which grow in rudraksha trees are also known as rudraksha or rudraksha beads.
Other legend can also be found in skanda puran that when lord shiva,lord vishnu,brahma & indra killed demon tripurasur,all god relax in Himalaya. They was talking each other.With Some reason Shiva laugh so happily that four drops of happy tears from his eyes fall on earth. From this drops it grew a divinely tree known as “Rudrakshya”. Lord shiva himself has mention the importance of Rudraksha.
Another story can be found in Devi Bhagwat that when all god are fed up with demon Tripur. All God went to kailash (home of shiva) to seek help from Lord Shiva. After it lord shiva close his eyes for few minutes remembering his divine weapon name ‘Aghor’. When he close his eyes for few minutes some water drops from Shiva eye fall down on earth which give origin to Rudraksha Tree. In this sacred tree ‘Rudraksha Beads’ are grown which is dear to shiva. God shiva has himself mention the importance of different kinds of Rudraksha.
We can also find Rudraksha story in holy text, Some other story and importance of Rudraksha are story related to Donkey.There was one donkey who was carrying rudraksha Bag .He die carrying rudraksha beads bag on the way. Lord shiva order his attendant to bring him in kailash. He was taken to Kailash (home of shiva) by Shiva attendant. It is because he was carrying rudraksha. In hinduism we believe that kailash and vaikuntha(home of lord vishnu) is better than Heaven.
Rudraksha has very old long history.The rudraksha has been worn out and worship from thousand of years by sages,ascetic,human beings and individuals mainly shiva devotees. Nowadays,million of hindus and non hindus,who know about rudraksha and donot know about rudraksha beads are wearing rudraksha due to its benefits,healing and yog power.
In scripture shiva’s says to his son kumar kartikeya about the variety of rudraksha.
There are different types of rudraksha. Some of the rudraksha are rare whose price are expensive.whereas some are very common. The most common rudraksha are 5 face rudraksha (five mukhi), six mukhi rudraksha (six face) etc. We nepali say mukh for face. For Rudraksha Face we say mukhi.
How to identify its types?
– Rudraksha types is also known as different mukhi or face of rudraksha. For example 1 face or one mukhi, 2 face or two mukhi, 3 face,4 face,5 mukhi,6 mukhi, 7 face or seven mukhi. Every Rudraksha posses natural lines which is counted. If rudraksha beads posses 5 lines then it is known as 5 mukhi or 5 face rudraksha. If posses 9 natural lines then 9 mukhi, if 10 lines then 10 face rudraksha or ten mukhi rudraksha.
Introduction of different faces/mukhi rudraksha beads
- One Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 1 face or ek mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural one lines at Rudraksha Bead so it is known as one mukhi Rudraksha. One mukhi Rudraksha symbolizes to the Goddess Laxmi,goddess of Wealth and God Shiva. Read More
- Two Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 2 face or dwo mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural two lines at Rudraksha Bead so it is known as two mukhi Rudraksha. Two mukhi Rudraksha is Symbolic to ARDHA Nareshwar (Shiva and Parvati). Read More
- Three Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 3 face or Tin mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural three lines at Rudraksha Bead so it is known as three mukhi Rudraksha. Three mukhi Rudraksha Symbolizes to the Lord Brahma,Vishnu & Mahesh. It also denotes to ‘God Fire'(Agnidev). Read More
- Four Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 4 face or char mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural four lines at Rudraksha Bead so it is known as four mukhi Rudraksha. Four mukhi Rudraksha is symbolic to the Lord Brahma (the god of birth/creation). Read More
- Five Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 5 face or Panch mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural five lines at Rudraksha Bead so it is known as five mukhi Rudraksha. It is normal kind of rudraksha in Varieties of Rudraksha. Five mukhi Rudraksha is symbolic to the Lord Shiva (pashupatinath or kalagni rudra). Read More
- Six Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 6 face or chey mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural six lines at Rudraksha Bead so it is known as six mukhi Rudraksha. It is symbolic to the God Kartikeya. First son of Lord Shiva. Second son is Ganesh. Read More
- Seven Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 7 face or Saat mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural seven lines at Rudraksha Bead so it is known as Seven mukhi Rudraksha. Seven Mukhi Rudraksha is symbolizes to the SaptaMartika(7 goddess-mother). Read More
- Eight Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 8 face or aath mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural eight lines at Rudraksha Bead so it is known as eight mukhi Rudraksha. It represent to the Lord Ganesh (the god of prosperity). Read More
- Nine Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 9 face or nau mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural nine lines at Rudraksha Bead so it is known as nine mukhi Rudraksha. It is symbolic to Goddess Navadurga (the goddess of Power). Read More
- Ten Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 10 face or dash mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural ten lines at Rudraksha Bead so it is known as ten mukhi Rudraksha. It is symbol of Lord Vishnu (Lord of Protect). Read More
- Eleven Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 11 face or gyarah mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural eleven lines at Rudraksha Bead so it is known as eleven mukhi Rudraksha. It is symbolic to the Lord Hanuman (the god of victory). Read More
- Twelve Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 12 face or barah mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural twelve lines at Rudraksha Bead so it is known as twelve mukhi Rudraksha. It is Symbolic to the Sun God (surya narayan). Wearing this enables a human to have an ever shining personality. Read More
- Thirteen Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 13 face or Terah mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural thirteen lines at Rudraksha Bead so it is known as thirteen mukhi Rudraksha. It is Symbolic to the Lord Kamdev (the lord of attraction). Read More
- Fourteen Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 14 face or Chaudah mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural fourteen lines at Rudraksha Bead so it is known as fourteen mukhi Rudraksha. It is considered as way to Kuber (The God of Treasure). It also represent to God Shiva. Read More
Rareness – 1 to 14 face rudraksha are normally found whereas 14 -21 are also found. 14 to 21 mukhi are rare and expensive than upto fourteen mukhis. You can purchase upto 21 mukhi rudraksha or 21 face rudraksha beads at nepalrudraksha.com, Other auspicious rudraksha are ganesh rudraksha,gauri shankar rudraksha , Trijuti rudraksha or Savar one mukhi. These 4 type of rudraksha are different than normal rudraksha beads in shape or nature.
We have talked earlier some of the rudraksha identifications,benefits,its deities and supreme beings. We can wear any kinds of rudraksha or worship any variety of rudraksha. Beside this rudraksha is also used as prayer seed to do japa(chant). The beads of rudraksha is strung in thread to make garland or rosaries of rudraksha. The hymn or mantra is chanted repeatedly and recited through this.This combined rudraksha beads necklace is also known as rudraksha mala. Mostly rosary have 108 beads and recited 108 time.
– Rudraksha mala (garland/rossary ) is made up of mostly by combining 108 beads of small size rudraksha. Whereas those who want to recite mantra hymn with big bead or want to wear big size garland uses 54 beads of rudraksha. Because 108 big rudraksha garland can touch the ground. So reciting 54 no beads malas / garland rosaries two time make 108. Auspicious no for reciting mantra or hymn. We can also wear rudraksha mala regularly.
Chanting or reciting shiva mantra/hymn, lord vishnu hymn,gayatri mantra or any god/goddess mantra can be done through rudraksha mala. Mostly small size rudraksha mala is used for praying and wearing. Whereas single bead of different face or mukhi are Worn as pendent in red thread.silver or gold. Different faces/mukhis combination rudraksha beads can also be worn. We also recommend best rudraksha for you.
About rudraksha mala , Lord himself said that: ” we get same benefits of seeing lord shiva,if we get chance to see to those who is wearing rudraksha mala in neck. If he is wearing tripunda tilak (sacred paste mark on his forehead) and he is chanting mritunjaya mantra. ”
From this points,we come to know that there is no difference in shiva and who is wearing rudraksha,rudraksha beads or rudraksha mala.
Some of the benefits of using single rudraksha or rudraksha mala
- pleases god shiva and parvati mata. Wearer of rudraksha is even worshipped by different god.
- Rudraksha worshipper and wearer sin is washed away immediately.
- Rudraksha provide enlightment,salvation,long life,prosperity,wealth,happiness.
- We should leave flame(kapat) before wearing rudraksha to get benefits of rudrakshas.
- Rudraksha provide love,affection,honesty,sincerity,sucess,calmness. Rudraksha mala is auspicious among any malas (necklace).
- Different god is pleases by using different rudraksha. All god is pleases if we use single rudraksha beads of any face or mukhi or even rudraksha mala of any size.