Rudraksha, a very important and mystical Bead of Hindu Mythology and Medication is a kind of natural fruit that grows in eastern hilly areas of Nepal. The fruit’s outer covers are edible in nature and also used in ancient medicine. There is a great importance of Pious Bead which is found inside Rudraksha Fruits. Its main use is wearing it in the body with devotion. It is known as Rudraksha or Rudraksha Beads. Besides it, Rudraksha mala (rosary) is used for Japa (chanting mantra/hymn) 108 times and usually, malas have 108 beads. Different types of Rudraksha is worn. Rudraksha types are known as different Mukhi or Faces of Rudraksha. Normally Malas /Garland is made up of Powerful small size Five Mukhi Rudraksha which is a normal kind of Rudraksha.
Rudraksha has a very high profile in Tantrism and Spiritualism. It is very widely used and worshipped as a source of good luck, good health, prosperity, medicinal values, success, gains, and most importantly eradication of evil and immortal forces. It is mostly used as a pendant, garland(mala), or bangle. Devotees around Pashupati are seen wearing these mystical Rudrakshas. These belief are very deep-rooted in Hinduism.
Rudraksha is a symbol of the God Shiva and various Gods. Three gods are known as Hindu trinity and patron. God Brahma (creator of universe), Lord Vishnu (Protector of universe) and God Shiva (destroyer of Ignorance).
God Shiva is also known as God of God and one of the name of God Shiva is ‘Mahadev’. Maha means Great and Dev means God. Sacred Rudraksha is also used with devotion to resemble Shiva. It is said that the wearer attains Shivoham (inner peace & pleasure of Shiva) and he/she is also considered as Shiva himself/herself by wearing rudraksha.
Rudraksha’s birth story is related to God Shiva. Whereas Lord Shiva himself has mentioned different Mukhi/Faces (types) Representation to Different gods and goddesses. Hence, Every types of Rudraksha has the presence of the god shiva with different gods and goddesses. There is also some type of Rudraksha which symbol to only God shiva with the goddess Parvati(wife of god shiva/goddess of power).
In Sanskrit word Rudraksha Meaning originates from two words, they are ‘RUDRA’ + ‘AKSHA’ = Rudraksha. Rudra is one among many names of God Shiva and Aksha means Eye of Shiva. Rudraksha is known as Favourite to God Shiva (Eye of God Shiva). Many and intelligent People also describe Aksha as immortal water drops or holy tears of God Shiva.
We can find about Rudraksha in Scripture like Purana.
The Birth story of Rudraksha (From a Shiva Purana: Conversation between Shiva Parvati) – Once Lord Shiva does meditation for more than 1000 years by keeping his mind in Patience. Lord Shiva is also known as Free God who does a favor to people & mankind. One day Shiva’s mind is suddenly Disturbed. Lord Shiva opens his beautiful eyes with self-willpower. At that time from the beautiful Eye of God Shiva, some water drops or tears fall on Earth. From these sacred drops, it grows a divine and mystical tree known as Rudraksha. The beads which grow in rudraksha trees are known as Rudraksha or Rudraksha Beads. We must wear rudraksha with devotion and to be free from all kinds of suffering and to get happiness in life.
Another legend of Holy Rudraksh can be found in Skanda Purana. When Lord Shiva, Lord Vishnu, Lord Brahma & Lord Indra killed the demon Tripurasur. All god relax in Himalayas. God was resting and talking to each other. With some reason, Lord Shiva laugh so happily that four drops of happy tears from God Shiva eyes fall on Earth. From this drop, it grow a mystical tree known as Rudraksha.
Another story can be found in Devi Bhagwat. Lord Shiva Says to his Son Kumar Kartikeya about the origin(birth) of Rudraksha. Dear son, there was a demon name Tripur. He is also known as Tripurasur. He was very much powerful and he could not be defeated by anyone. All god was suffering from Tripur including God Brahma, Vishnu, Indra. So all god pray and request me. In this situation, I started thinking about this Tripurasur. One of my weapon name is ‘Aghor’ which is very beautiful and it is a figure of all god. A fierce flame comes out of that weapon. It has the power to calm all disturbances. To kill the demon and help god I close my eyes by remembering this divine weapon. At that time, some water drops from my eyes fall on earth. Dear son from these teardrops it gives a origin(birth) to Great Rudraksha Trees. From my order, different varieties of Rudraksha Beads grow in Rudraksha trees.
Rudraksha types is known as different Mukhi or the faces of Rudraksha. All Rudraksha beads are equally important. Single Rudraksha bead please different Gods and God Shiva.
Rudraksha is not only worn by human beings but it is also one of the dearest ornament of God Shiva. Some other dearest ornaments of shiva are the crescent moon which Shiva keeps on his head. When it was a time of Samundra Manthan (churning of the ocean) the moon also emerges from it which Shiva asked it for him. Rudraksha plays a vital role in Mankind. The Rudraksha is a power bead who has a different kind of benefits and magical properties. When Rudraksha trees grew it is believed that Lord Shiva himself has worn 14 mukhi rudraksha(fourteen face rudraksha). We can also find different image and idol of god shiva wearing rudraksha mala.
We can also find Rudraksha Story in the holy text, Some other legend which describes the importance and greatness of Holy Rudraksha beads is ‘Rudraksha Story related to Donkey’. There is a donkey who was climbing Mount Mandarachal carrying a Rudraksha Bag. He dies carrying a rudraksha beads bag on the way. Lord shiva order his attendant to bring him in Mount Kailash. He was taken to Kailash (home of god shiva). It is because he was carrying rudraksha. We believe Kailash and Vaikuntha(home of Lord Vishnu) better than Heaven. Hence, the donkey had attained Shivalok(home of god shiva) and salvation by the glory of Rudraksha. Then there is no doubt about Human beings to obtain freedom and salvation from rudraksha. So everyone should wear rudraksha beads once in life. It please different gods goddesses and god shiva. It profits to oneself.
The Rudraksha holds an old long history. Rudraksha has been worn out and worship from thousand of years by sages, ascetic, human beings, individuals, and Shiva devotees. Nowadays millions of Hindu and Non-Hindus who know about rudraksha and don’t know about Rudraksha seeds wear rudraksha due to its benefits, healing, Yog power, and devotion to God Shiva. The home of God Pashupatinath(Shiva) Nepal is famous for Rudraksha beads and Shaligram Shilas Stones all over the World. It is said that many ascetics who have lived-in Himalaya choose Nepal Rudraksha. It is proved that we never find Nepal Rudraksha and Shaligram in Other Place. It can look similar but not exactly the Nepali One. NepalRudraksha.com (Himalaya Rudraksha Bhandar) is very proud to be in this Spiritual field for more than 40 years. Anyone who wishes to do in-store shopping is always welcome in Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu, Nepal. As well as our online store Nepalrudraksha.com is shipping worldwide from Nepal. We send every genuine and high-quality rudraksha after Pranpratistha(energizing) Rudraksha Beads and Mala properly at Pashupatinath Temple Nepal. So that devotees who wish to wear Rudraksha get the blessing of God Shiva.
In scripture, Shiva says to his son Kumar Kartikeya about the types of rudraksha.
There are different types of rudraksha. The main type is identifying its Mukhi/Faces which denote different God forms along with the presence of God Shiva in all types of Rudraksha. And Price of Rudraksha is also classified from its Mukhi/Face.
God Shiva says we should only use Rudraksha beads which is not insect bitten, not broken, not damage, etc.
Some Variety (Mukhi/Face Rudraksha) is common and available at a low price whereas some expensive and rare. The most common and normal Rudraksha is powerful 5 face rudraksha (five Mukhi), six Mukhi rudraksha (six Face), 4 Mukhi rudraksha (four face rudraksha). Whereas expensive rudraksha bead is twenty-one mukhi rudraksha (21 face rudraksha).
In Nepal, we say Mukh for a face. For Rudraksha Face we usually say Mukhi.
How to Identify Rudraksha Types? Find the Rudraksha Beads Face or Mukhi
Different Types (Face/Mukhi) Rudraksha grows in the same rudraksha tree mostly 75% five Mukhi and rests other rudraksha.
Every Rudraksha hold or have natural lines that we count to identify different types of Rudraksha Beads (Rudraksha Mukhi/Faces).
If Rudraksha Beads present 5 lines then it is known as 5 Mukhi or 5 face rudraksha. If rudraksha contains 9 natural lines then it is known as 9 Mukhi or 9 face rudraksha, if rudraksha has 10 lines then it is known as 10 Face rudraksha or Ten Mukhi rudraksha. If Rudraksha Beads possesses twelve numbers of lines then 12 Mukhi rudraksha or 12 Face rudraksha. As much as Rudraksha present different numbers of lines it is recognized as specific Mukhi or faces of rudraksha. Whereas some unique bead is also grown which are identified with its shape or apperance rather than it’s Mukhi or faces (lines) Beside 1 mukhi rudraksha which is available in half-moon shape only and round 1 Mukhi rudraksha is considered as rare one. Other all Holy Rudraksha bead are available in round and oval shape except 1 mukhi and unique bead. Unique bead also has different numbers of lines(Mukhi/faces) but used mostly with its appearance. Some prefer to wear unique bead like gauri shankar rudraksha(twin bead) according to its mukhi but mostly(80%) devotees use according to its shape.
Introduction to 1 to 14 Mukhi Rudraksha and Other Rudraksha beads. Rudraksha According to Scripture (From a Sacred Text like Shiva Purana, etc)
- One Mukhi Rudraksha – One Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 1 face rudraksha and Ek Mukhi Rudraksha. It present one natural line on Rudraksha Bead so it is known as 1 Mukhi Rudraksha. One Mukhi Rudraksha symbolizes to God Shiva and Goddess Parvati(wife of god shiva/Power of Shiva) along with Goddess Laxmi (goddess of Wealth and wife of protector of the universe Lord Vishnu). ReadMore
- Two Mukhi Rudraksha – Two Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 2 face rudraksha and Dwi Mukhi Rudraksha. This Rudraksha Seed present two natural lines so it is known as 2 Mukhi Rudraksha. Two Mukhi Rudraksha is a Symbol of ArdhaNariswar (half God Shiva and half Goddess Parvati). ReadMore
- Three Mukhi Rudraksha – Three Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 3 face rudraksha and Tin Mukhi Rudraksha. This Bead has natural three lines on Rudraksha so it is known as 3 Mukhi Rudraksha. Three Mukhi Rudraksha is a direct symbol of Lord Brahma, Vishnu & Mahesh(Shiva). 3 mukhi rudraksha also represent God Agni (Fire God). ReadMore
- Four Mukhi Rudraksha – Four Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 4 face rudraksha and Char Mukhi Rudraksha. This Rudraksha Bead has natural four lines so it is known as 4 Mukhi Rudraksha. Four Mukhi Rudraksha represent Lord Brahma (the god of birth/creator of universe). ReadMore
- Five Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 5 Face or Panch Mukhi Rudraksha. This Rudraksha present natural five countable lines on Rudraksha Bead so it is known as 5 Mukhi Rudraksha. It is a normal kind among Varieties of Rudraksha. Five Mukhi Rudraksha signifies Lord Shiva (Shiva form as Pashupati & Kalagni Rudra). ReadMore
- Six Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 6 face and Chah Mukhi Rudraksha. It Present natural 6 lines on Rudraksha Bead so it is known as Six Mukhi Rudraksha. Six Mukhi Rudraksha is symbolic of the ‘God Kartikeya’ the first son of God Shiva & Mother Parvati. The youngest son of Shiva Parvati is Ganesh. ReadMore
- Seven Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 7 face and Saat Mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural seven lines on Rudraksha Bead so it is known as 7 Mukhi Rudraksha. Seven Mukhi Rudraksha is a symbol of SaptaMartikas (7 mother goddess). ReadMore
- Eight Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 8 Face or Aath Mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural eight lines on Rudraksha Bead so it is known as 8 Mukhi Rudraksha. Eight Mukhi rudraksha represents to Lord Ganesh (the god of prosperity and remover of obstacles). ReadMore
- Nine Mukhi Rudraksha is known as 9 Face and Nau Mukhi Rudraksha. It have natural Nine lines on Rudraksha Bead so it is known as 9 Mukhi Rudraksha. Nine Mukhi Rudraksha is symbolic of the Goddess Navadurga or 9 Durga (the goddess of Power or 9 incarnations of Goddess Parvati). ReadMore
- Ten Mukhi Rudraksha – Ten Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 10 face rudraksha or Dus Mukhi Rudraksha. It consists of ten natural lines on Rudraksha Beads so it is known as 10 Mukhi Rudraksha. Ten Mukhi Rudraksha is a direct symbol of Lord Vishnu (God of Protect/ Preserver of the universe). ReadMore
- Eleven Mukhi Rudraksha – Eleven Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 11 face rudraksha and Gyarah Mukhi Rudraksha. This Holy Rudraksha have eleven natural lines on Rudraksha Beads so it is known as 11 Mukhi Rudraksha. Eleven Mukhi Rudraksha is symbolic of Ekadash Rudra(11 forms of shiva) & Lord Hanuman (the god of victory). ReadMore
- Twelve Mukhi Rudraksha – Twelve Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 12 face rudraksha or Barah Mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural twelve lines on Rudraksha Bead so it is known as 12 Mukhi Rudraksha. Twelve Mukhi Rudraksha is Symbolic of God Sun (Bhagwan Surya Narayan). Wearing 12 face rudraksha enables a human to have an ever-shining personality. ReadMore
- Thirteen Mukhi Rudraksha is known as 13 face rudraksha or Terah Mukhi Rudraksha. It has natural thirteen lines on Rudraksha Bead so it is known as 13 Mukhi Rudraksha. Thirteen Mukhi Rudraksha Symbolic to the Lord Kamdev (the lord of attraction/cupid god) and Kumar Kartikeya, Indra(king of heaven, the god of god). ReadMore
- Fourteen Mukhi Rudraksha is also known as 14 face rudraksha or Chaudah Mukhi rudraksha. 14 Mukhi Rudraksha holds fourteen lines on Rudraksha Beads so it is known as 14 Mukhi Rudraksha. Fourteen Mukhi Rudraksha is considered a way to a God Kuber (The God of Treasure/Treasury). The main god of 14 face rudraksha is God Shiva. 14 mukhi rudraksha is believed as eyes of god shiva. It is a high demanded bead and mostly many devotees wish to wear this rudraksha. It is also known as a bead worn by Shiva himself as ornament and Jewellery. Lord Shiva says – “ If you find 14 Mukhi rudraksha, considered it as Me. We must wear it in head devotionally”. Wearing 14 Mukhi rudraksha Pleases god shiva. ReadMore
The Rareness of Rudraksha – 1 to 14 face rudraksha is normally found whereas 14 -21 are also found. 14 to 21 Mukhi are rare and expensive than up to Fourteen Mukhi Rudraksha. You can purchase up to 21 Mukhi rudraksha / 21 face rudraksha beads at nepalrudraksha.com.
Unique Rudraksha – Auspicious unique rudraksha beads are Ganesh rudraksha, Gauri Shankar Rudraksha, Trijuti rudraksha, and Savar One Mukhi Rudraksha, etc. All this Unique rudraksha have a different look in shape or appearance in nature. Gauri Shankar is twin rudraksha whereas Ganesh rudraksha possesses a natural elephant-like trunk on rudraksha bead which symbol to elephant head god ‘Lord Ganesha’. Find Every Types Rudraksha here.
Hence, We must wear or worship any type (Mukhi) rudraksha in life to get Spiritual pleasure and benefits from Rudraksha. Besides it ‘rudraksha’ is also used as a prayer seed to do Japa(chanting). The beads of Rudraksha are strung in a thread to make garland/rosaries of rudraksha. The hymn or mantra is chanted repeatedly and recited through it. The garland of rudraksha beads is known as rudraksha mala. Mostly Rudraksha Rosary//Rudraksha Mala has 108 beads and recited 108 times. It can be used for wearing.
Rudraksha Malas (Rudraksha Beads Garland or Rudraksha Rosary)
Rudraksha mala is made up of mostly by combining 108 beads of small size rudraksha. Whereas those who want to recite mantra/hymn with a big bead or want to wear big size garland uses 54 beads of rudraksha.
Wearing single piece of different Mukhi/Face Rudraksha and chanting through rudraksha mala is followed from its origin.
When using big bead,people use 54 Because 108 big rudraksha garland can touch the ground due to its long appearance. So reciting 54 no beads malas / garland/ rosaries two times make 108 which is an Auspicious number for reciting mantras/hymns. We can also wear rudraksha mala regularly.
When using different Face/Mukhi Single Rudraksha beads are usually medium/big size Nepal Rudraksha. Whereare as Japa(chanting mantras/hymn) is done through small garland or medium mala.
ALL sizes rudraksha are equally important.
Rudraksha mala is not only useful for Chanting Shiva Mantra(hymn) but auspicious for all gods. Chanting or reciting lord Vishnu hymn, Gayatri mantra, or any god/goddess mantra can be done through rudraksha mala.
About rudraksha mala, Lord Shiva says “we get the same benefits of seeing lord shiva if we get a chance to see a person who is wearing rudraksha mala in the neck. If he/she has tripunda tilak on the forehead (paste mark) and if he/she is chanting the Maha Mritunjaya Mantra.”
From these points, we come to know that there is no difference in shiva and who is wearing rudraksha, rudraksha beads, or rudraksha mala.
If you wish to wear rudraksha by combining more than a single bead. Different faces/Mukhi combination rudraksha beads can be also worn. You can choose from here and select the best Mukhi/face(types) rudraksha. We also recommend the best rudraksha for you. If you need a recommendation You can contact us from here.
Some of the Benefits of using Single Rudraksha / Rudraksha Beads Mala
- Rudraksha Beads is the Favourite Ornament of God Shiva. Rudraksha Please God Shiva and Goddess Parvati. A Wearer of rudraksha is even worshipped by different gods.
- Rudraksha worshipper and wearer sin are washed away immediately.
- Rudraksha provides enlightenment, salvation, long life, prosperity, wealth, and happiness.
- We should leave the flame before wearing rudraksha to get the benefits of rudrakshas.
- Rudraksha mala or single rudraksha beads wearer do not have an untimely death.
- Rudraksha provides love, affection, honesty, sincerity, success, peace. Rudraksha mala is auspicious among any mala(garland/necklace).
- Different god is pleased by using different rudraksha. All god is pleased if we use a single rudraksha bead of any Face or Mukhi or even rudraksha mala.
- There is no difference between the size of Rudraksha. All have the same properties. We can use or wear any sizes rudraksha.
- We can choose the best Mukhi/face rudraksha which we wish to wear. We can also wear all Rudraksha and only a single piece or mala. We must use Rudraksha once in life.
Things we don’t know about the Rudraksha – Rudraksha (Sanskrit:रूद्राक्ष, English: Rudraksha and utrasum bead & tree) (Scientific name of Rudraksha: Elaeocarpus Ganitrus).
- Most spoken and Spelled word in World as well as Vedic word(Sanskrit word) or Speaked in Hinduism ‘Rudraksha’. For example Rudraksha Beads, Rudraksha tree, Rudraksha Mala, Rudraksha, One Mukhi Rudraksha, Eleven Mukhi Rudraksha, Rudraksha bracelets, Rudraksha on the neck, hand, wrist, etc.